I am currently covering the role of teaching assistant for the following courses:
"Languages and Algorithms for Artificial Intelligence", prof. Paolo Torroni.
"Natural Language Processing", prof. Maurizio Gabbrielli.
"Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Representation", prof. Mauro Gaspari.
In the past, I have covered the role of teaching assistant for the following courses:
"Real Time OS M - Real Time Systems for Automation M", Prof. Paolo Torroni, material on the website: https://iol.unibo.it/course/view.php?id=40331
"Fondamenti di Informatica T1", Prof. Paola Mello e Federico Chesani, material on the website: https://iol.unibo.it/course/view.php?id=41087
Natural Language Processing and Learning (Bologna, 12/04/2019, as part of the Intelligent Systems M course of Prof. Michela Milano)
Thesis and project activities topics
I also supervise bachelor thesis, master thesis and project activities.
- Neural networks applied to games: application of neural networks and deep networks for the solution of board games and (small/simple) video games.
- Solving/find the complexity of a board game: make use of AI technique to compute the complexity of a board game or to solve it (to a certain degree)
- Natural Language Processing: projects and thesis on argumentation mining (finding the discussion inside a text), sentiment analysis (finding the "sentiment" in a text), fake news identification (from text), cyberbullying identification (from text)
- Deep networks for CSPs: application and analysis of deep networks for the solution of constrained problems.
- Creation of a Keyforge AI player: design and implement an AI to play the game Keyforge card game. A possible implementation of the game can be found here: https://github.com/keyteki/keyteki.
- Creation of predictor for Keyforge match outcome: create an AI module capable of predicting the outcome of a Keyforge game. An existing dataset of games can be used for evaluation (and for training in case of machine learning approaches).
- Creation of a Keyforge deck evaluation: create a machine-learning based system capable of automatically score a deck of Keyforge according to popular metrics (for example, SAS and AERC, but other suggestions are welcomed)
- Creation of an AI for the game Baba is You: application of AI techniques to solve the levels of the puzzle-game "Baba is you". Resources: game website, jam version, a paper on the game.
- Creation of an AI for the game Simplexity: application of AI techniques to play the game Simplexity. Resources: game information, international competition @ CoG.
Some of the activities I have supervised are the following:
- Ilaria Crivellari and Riccardo Varotto, project activity, "Neural Networks applied to Hanabi", 2022. Code repository.
- Sofia Montebugnoli and Simone Amorati, project activity, "Artificial Intelligence for the Wordle game and its variants", 2022. Code repository.
- Gabriele Marconi, project activity, "Machine learning based Keyforge Deck Evaluation", 2021. Code repository.
- Emanuel Scaglione, project activity, "Summarization con Transformers", 2021. Code repository.
- Oleksandr Olmucci Poddubnyy, project activity, "Document subjectivity classification on Italian news articles dataset", 2021. Code repository.
- Luca Salvatore Lorello, master thesis, "Small Transformers for Bioinformatics Tasks", 2021.
- Francesco Antici, master thesis, "Advanced techniques for cross-language annotation projection
in legal texts", 2021.
- Francesco Antici, Luca Bolognini, Matteo Antonio Inajetovic, Bogdan Ivasiuk, Francesco Antici, extended exam project, "SubjectivITA: An Italian Corpus for Subjectivity Detection in Newspapers", 2021. Dataset repository.
- Thomas Villano, project activity, "An AI for playing Keyforge", 2021. Code repository.
- Pierpasquale Colagrande, project activity, "Experiments for Cross-lingual Annotation Projection in Legal Texts", 2021.
- Luca Palmieri, project activity, "Sviluppo di una Rete Neurale per il gioco Forza 4 e confronto con l’algoritmo
Minmax", 2021. Code repository. Dataset.
- Federico Dal Monte, project activity, "Lesion Detection", 2021. Code repository.
- Mihail Bida, Francesco Pandol, project activity, "Framework per giocare ad Hanabi e implementazione di diverse strategie di gioco", 2020. Code repository.
- Andrea Conti, project activity, "Deep Q-Learning applicato a Super Mario Bros", 2019. Code repository.
- Francesco Giovanelli, master thesis, "Model Agnostic solution of CSPs with Deep Learning", 2019. Code repository.
- Giacomo Pinardi, bachelor thesis, "Apprendimento supervisionato di un gioco da tavolo asimmetrico tramite reti neurali: un caso di studio su Tablut", 2019
- Alessio Leurini, bachelor thesis, "Cross-Domain Sentiment Analysis", 2019
- Alessandro Ravaglia, bachelor thesis, "Studio delle tecniche di reinforcement learning e delle loro applicazioni ai giochi da tavolo", 2019
- Guardati Simone, project activity, "Applicazione di tecniche di Machine Learning al gioco Mastermind", 2019
- Andrea Piretti, bachelor thesis, "Sviluppo di un'architettura software distribuita con supporto a giocatori artificiali: il caso di studio del gioco da tavolo Tablut", 2018
- Nicola Alessi, project activity, 2018
- Grilli Matteo, bachelor thesis, "Reti neurali profonde applicate a giochi di carte digitali: un caso di studio su Hearthstone semplificato", 2017